Author Topic: Preview the JPEG in RAW+JPEG pairs  (Read 1647 times)

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
Preview the JPEG in RAW+JPEG pairs
« on: October 13, 2021, 07:18:10 AM »
In my contact sheet I have some raw+jpeg pairs. The contact sheet appears to show me the jpeg but when I view the larger preview I'm shown the raw.

Is there a setting so I can view the jpeg version in the preview window? (While retaining the combined images view!)

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview the JPEG in RAW+JPEG pairs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 09:24:03 AM »
David,

In my contact sheet I have some raw+jpeg pairs. The contact sheet appears to show me the jpeg but when I view the larger preview I'm shown the raw.

Is there a setting so I can view the jpeg version in the preview window? (While retaining the combined images view!)

Do you have RAW rendering turned on?

Can you post screenshots showing the contact sheet (with the image in question clearly displayed) and another showing the preview window displaying that RAW+JPEG pair?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshots.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 09:34:53 AM »

Do you have RAW rendering turned on?

Yes. But in this case the file was processed using Capture One so I don't expect to see the raw file rendered in PM. But the JPEG is an export from the C1 processing.

Its possible some of my assumptions are wrong about which file in a raw + jpeg pair I'm looking at.

A screenshot attached show the raw + jpeg pair (selected) and the preview window. It should be clear the contact sheet version has a darker sky.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 09:56:23 AM »

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 10:04:58 AM »
Try turning it off.

Yes, that works. So with RAW Rendering on the Preview windows show the raw, but with it off it shows the JPEG. Which makes sense.

Thank again Kirk.