Author Topic: Have to shut down PM after importing after a lightroom edit...  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Jim Dedmon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Have to shut down PM after importing after a lightroom edit...
« on: October 13, 2021, 07:02:03 AM »
My workflow is import into PM to apply XMP info, then export to LR to edit, then export the folder of files back into PM for export via FTP. Each time I try to re open the edited file from LR it doesn't show up in the history tree in PM. Normally there should be the main file, then a sub file with the edited images. Since I can only see the originally imported file, I have to shut down PM, then re open in order for PM to see the updated edited folder. Is this a settings issue?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Have to shut down PM after importing after a lightroom edit...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:06:44 AM »
Jim,

Clicking the triangle on the immediate parent folder to close it and clicking it again to expand it doesn't pick up the change?

It works for me.  Note that there is no automatic refreshing in the Navigator/Favorites.  There is also a "Refresh" menu item on the contextual menu for any folder that you right-click on that will do the same thing.

-Kirk

Offline Jim Dedmon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 07:26:03 AM »
Thanks..have done that..expand the folder..nope. Close folder then reopen..no. Close all folders down to the original external hard drive..then reopen..nope. It used to work that way but not now. Photog with AP next to me same issue. Both on Macs.

Offline Jim Dedmon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 07:53:37 AM »
refreshing drop down does work now...