Author Topic: Collections not available to "Add to Collection:..." until collection is visited  (Read 1123 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
I have a catalog with One collection.  I enable the catalog for both read and write and then navigate to a folder and select a photo that I want to add to the collection and there is no option to do that on the Right-Click menu.  I then navigate to the collection and back to the folder and select the photos to add to the collection and the collection is now available to be selected for the add operation.  This was even the case when I already had the collection tab open prior to selecting the catalog.  This issue appears even when I deselect the catalog and then select it again.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Keith,

I have a catalog with One collection.  I enable the catalog for both read and write and then navigate to a folder and select a photo that I want to add to the collection and there is no option to do that on the Right-Click menu.  I then navigate to the collection and back to the folder and select the photos to add to the collection and the collection is now available to be selected for the add operation.  This was even the case when I already had the collection tab open prior to selecting the catalog.  This issue appears even when I deselect the catalog and then select it again.

This is expected behavior.  Photo Mechanic Plus' contact sheet doesn't know what Collection is selected until you select it.  It has no special case knowledge that you have only one Catalog set to be modified and that that one Catalog only has one possibility of items being added to a Collection.

Select your Collection first and then you can add items to it.

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
Thanks Kirk.