Author Topic: New to PM plus. questions on search.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Rich Conflitti

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
New to PM plus. questions on search.
« on: October 14, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »
I have used photomechanic for a few years.  Love it.  Upgraded to Photomechanic plus and feel like a novice when attempting searches.  I just completed my first full catalog,  1.2M images.  The images are dispersed over 4 different drives.  Can you direct me to a guide that can help improve basic search functions?  Most interested in search by date of photo and camera type.  Thank you.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: New to PM plus. questions on search.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 09:16:17 AM »
To search by camera date, use the Search field on the Search tab, in the Organizer panel. ( Click the folder tree icon at the top of the Favorites panel to switch to the Organizer panel ).  There are some examples listed on the Search Examples page accessed from the Catalog menu. Eg, capturetime between 2018 and 2019, in the Search field will show all images with a capture date in 2018.

To see all of the various camera models, use the Browse tab in the Organizer panel. Go to the Exif option and then the Model sub option. Each model will be listed along with the image count.

regards,

--Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: New to PM plus. questions on search.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 03:55:56 AM »
Another way would be to use the Filter tab of the Organizer.  You can definitely filter by date.  I'm not sure about camera model though.  (I'm waiting for a rental car at an airport right now ;) )

-Kirk