Author Topic: Easy way to copy and past date time between images?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline StephenG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Easy way to copy and past date time between images?
« on: October 20, 2021, 11:35:02 AM »
As part of my process of trying to tidy up my unruly photo collection, I have quite a few examples of photos where previous editing software has managed to result in EXIF date/time information being modified with the date/time of the edit.  Furthermore, these copies have often ended up being in different folders (but that's a different problem).  When I've found the original and the processed image, I'd like to set the date/time information to be that of the original image.  Is there an easy way to copy the capture date/time from the one image to the other?  At the moment I've been opening the information window to see the date time, memorising it, and copying it to the edited copy (sometimes incorrectly), but I'm sure there is a better easier way!

Stephen

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Easy way to copy and past date time between images?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 02:40:16 PM »
You can use "Adjust Capture Dates and Times from the Tools menu to do this. Select all images that need this particular time, and then select the image that has the correct time. Then, click Adjust Capture Dates and Times from the Tools menu. Click the arrow keys below the thumbnail in that window to find the image with the time that you wish to use, and then click the checkbox for "Use the adjusted time above for all selected photos". Then click adjust Photos: All images will have the same date and time as the currently visible image. You will receive a few caution messages while doing this process, so please read them carefully as it is not really possible to undo this change. Definitely try this out on a set of test files before doing it on anything important, just to make sure this is what you are looking for.

Offline StephenG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Easy way to copy and past date time between images?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 12:46:12 AM »
Thanks.  That does exactly what I want.

Stephen