Author Topic: IPTC address issue when uploading to Photo Shelter  (Read 3272 times)

Offline bvonarx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC address issue when uploading to Photo Shelter
« on: May 02, 2007, 08:25:37 AM »
I am uploading files directly to Photo Shelter (PM 4.5,Win XP pro SP2 ) along with the IPTC info. When I check the location IPTC info in PS I find that my contact address is there instead of the location info. Am I doing something wrong?
Many thanks,

Brooks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC address issue when uploading to Photo Shelter
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:40:09 AM »
Brooks,

I am uploading files directly to Photo Shelter (PM 4.5,Win XP pro SP2 ) along with the IPTC info. When I check the location IPTC info in PS I find that my contact address is there instead of the location info. Am I doing something wrong?

It doesn't sound like it.  I'll ping the PhotoShelter guys and see if we can figure it out.

-Kirk

Offline bvonarx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:39:50 AM »
Brooks,

It doesn't sound like it.  I'll ping the PhotoShelter guys and see if we can figure it out.

-Kirk

Still having issues with PM 4.5.1 sending IPTC data to wrong fields in PS, what's up with that?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »
Brooks,

Can you send me one of your images that exhibits the problem?

Please contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message and send me a Personal Message.  I will reply with server upload info.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline nekken

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 08:49:17 AM »
I had similar problems with the location field data just vanishing when downloading an image from PhotoShelter and bringing it into PM.  I sent Kirk a file a while back.  Since that time I have had sporadic issues with that same field and strange things happening going to PhotoShelter and coming back down to PM.  Luckily I don't use that particular field very much.

Ken