Author Topic: window switching  (Read 2140 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
window switching
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:24:33 AM »
I can't find a keyboard command or menu item to switch between the navigator and the search windows. Is there a way to do this other than a mouse click?

David Hoffman

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: window switching
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 09:45:39 AM »
Hi David,

There isn't any keyboard shortcut or menu entry to switch between the Favorites / Navigator panels and the Organizer panels. You will need to click the icons above the panels to switch to the other panels.

regards,
--Bob

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 09:55:21 AM »
Hi Bob

I thought that might the case but thanks for confirming it. I open PM+ with a key shortcut but as I almost always want to start with a search I'd hoped to also have it open in that panel.

Maybe one day...

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 11:55:04 AM »
David,

I thought that might the case but thanks for confirming it. I open PM+ with a key shortcut but as I almost always want to start with a search I'd hoped to also have it open in that panel.

It should be in the layout that you last had it set before quitting.  Do you have the Organizer front-most at the time that you exit Photo Mechanic Plus?

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 12:50:09 PM »
Hi Kirk

I'm almost always in my last search window or in a view of a collection when I close it or quit. I rarely use the organiser panel. It's no big deal but would be nice to have it open up ready for me to search.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 02:01:21 PM »
David,

I'm almost always in my last search window or in a view of a collection when I close it or quit. I rarely use the organiser panel. It's no big deal but would be nice to have it open up ready for me to search.

The Search tab of the Organizer panel is where the searches are done.  So you must be using the Organizer panel quite frequently.  Perhaps a screen shot that shows what you want to see on startup would be helpful.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 12:56:45 AM »
The search tab of the Organizer panel is where I work almost all of the time. I'd like to see that tab with the search box blank and an empty contact sheet on opening.

If I set the prefs to 'Open empty contact sheet' then I get the Favorites tab and I need to click to open the search tab. I was looking for a way to avoid that click.

If I set the prefs to 'Restore Contact Sheets from last session' then it does open to the search tab but repeats the last search(es). That takes a while and if the last search was a complex one it can take 1 or 2 minutes, occasionally even longer. There's no way that I can see to stop the search so this is not a solution.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 07:04:25 AM »
David,

Thanks for the additional information.  I understand.

-Kirk