Author Topic: Not seeing IPTC in Iview  (Read 4569 times)

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
Not seeing IPTC in Iview
« on: May 02, 2007, 08:38:33 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I apply the IPTC Stationary Pad to a tiff file.  The info on the pad is a combination of * fields (XMP) and regular fields. Then I go into Iview, update the folder containing the file, but I don't see any of the metada info. Do I need to do anything else?
Thanks.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Not seeing IPTC in Iview
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:25:11 AM »
David,

I apply the IPTC Stationary Pad to a tiff file.  The info on the pad is a combination of * fields (XMP) and regular fields. Then I go into Iview, update the folder containing the file, but I don't see any of the metada info. Do I need to do anything else?

Make sure you have PM set to embed XMP data into your TIFF files.  Make sure iVMP is set to import XMP data otherwise I'd expect it to only get the IPTC fields.

-Kirk

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 10:44:39 AM »
Hi Kirk,
You posted a snapshot of preferences for .nef files for me a couple of weeks ago. Could you do the same with .tiff files? also do you happen to know where the Iview option is - I don't see it.
Thanks.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:56:21 AM »
Hi David,

You posted a snapshot of preferences for .nef files for me a couple of weeks ago. Could you do the same with .tiff files? also do you happen to know where the Iview option is - I don't see it.

You only need to change the "For JPEG, TIFF, PSD, DNG photos:" popup menu in the "When writing IPTC/XMP:" box to read "Add both embedded IPTC and IPTC4XMP".

As for the setting in iVMP, I don't know where to tell you to look since I haven't used it much at all.  Hopefully they have a support forum too where you can ask...

-Kirk

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
ok I made the changes but I still don't see any fields (neither IPTC or XMP) in iview.

Offline Ed Zirkle

• Newcomer
  • never grow up...
    • View Profile
    • Slightly sane photographer
Feed the Shark...

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »
thanks - I'll check it out.