Author Topic: PM 4.5 Crashing after Ingest and Changing Cards  (Read 3007 times)

Offline drewt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.5 Crashing after Ingest and Changing Cards
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »
Greetings Kirk and Fellow Users...

I just want to know if any users are experiencing this as I have just rebuilt an IBM ThinkPad x31 for field use. The machine is running WinXP Pro SP2, Pentium Mobile 1.7Ghz with HGST 100GB HDD. Currently it has 512MB of RAM but that will be upped to max at 2GB.

My problems are occuring when after ingest, I pull the CF card out of reader and insert new one. BTW, my card reader is USB2.0 Buffalo 7 in 1.

From previous editions of PM, I go all the way back to 4.0.8.2 and machines with 512MB ram, I was always able to pull CF cards out and insert new ones, waiting for PM to recognize and then start ingest process.

I am currently testing this new X31 as I will be using this primarily when on assignments. I am doing mock tests to see if I run into any problems...and I so far I am.

My previous machines were also PC, but with 1GB ram and a 'slower' Celeron 1.6Ghz CPU.

I am aware that more ram is better for overall system works, but this problem of PM crashing 4.5 is something I have not experienced in previous versions.

I am aware that each and every one of us have different machines and platforms, as I too work on Mac platforms as well...

Kirk, if you can help me on this, I can try to simulate and try to answer any questions you may have in helping solve this problem.

Thanks, Drew

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5 Crashing after Ingest and Changing Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 10:56:50 PM »
Drew,

I just want to know if any users are experiencing this as I have just rebuilt an IBM ThinkPad x31 for field use. The machine is running WinXP Pro SP2, Pentium Mobile 1.7Ghz with HGST 100GB HDD. Currently it has 512MB of RAM but that will be upped to max at 2GB.

My problems are occuring when after ingest, I pull the CF card out of reader and insert new one. BTW, my card reader is USB2.0 Buffalo 7 in 1.

From previous editions of PM, I go all the way back to 4.0.8.2 and machines with 512MB ram, I was always able to pull CF cards out and insert new ones, waiting for PM to recognize and then start ingest process.

I am currently testing this new X31 as I will be using this primarily when on assignments. I am doing mock tests to see if I run into any problems...and I so far I am.

My previous machines were also PC, but with 1GB ram and a 'slower' Celeron 1.6Ghz CPU.

I am aware that more ram is better for overall system works, but this problem of PM crashing 4.5 is something I have not experienced in previous versions.

I am aware that each and every one of us have different machines and platforms, as I too work on Mac platforms as well...

Kirk, if you can help me on this, I can try to simulate and try to answer any questions you may have in helping solve this problem.

Do you have the Favorites panel hidden?  If so, try making it visible again.  Stability should improve.

Version 4.5.1 will solve this issue.  A public beta is coming soon.

-Kirk

Offline drewt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 4.5 Crashing after Ingest and Changing Cards
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »
Thanks Kirk for the quick reply...and yes...I did/do have the Favorites panel hidden/closed. I will reopen and await the 4.5.1...

Again, Thanks.
Drew