Author Topic: Thumbnail images  (Read 3616 times)

Offline cgphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thumbnail images
« on: May 02, 2007, 08:57:05 AM »
I'm using PM 4.4.3.3 on a Powerbook G4, OS 10.3.9.
I recently cleaned out some preference files. Now, when I ingest new images, thumbnails are generated in the selected folder, but only show the generic JPG icon instead of an actual image preview. How can I set it to create the thumbnail image? Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thumbnail images
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »
I'm using PM 4.4.3.3 on a Powerbook G4, OS 10.3.9.
I recently cleaned out some preference files. Now, when I ingest new images, thumbnails are generated in the selected folder, but only show the generic JPG icon instead of an actual image preview. How can I set it to create the thumbnail image? Thanks.

Can you post a screenshot, please?  I'm not sure I understand, and a picture would help...

Use the Additional Options button when you compose your response and it will allow you to upload a JPG file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline cgphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 09:40:31 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. When images are ingested into the Primary Destination folder, the thumbnails appear as the generic JPEG icons seen in this screenshot. I want to see an actual image.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:08:41 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. When images are ingested into the Primary Destination folder, the thumbnails appear as the generic JPEG icons seen in this screenshot. I want to see an actual image.

That looks like a screenshot of the Finder...  You need to tell PM to create Finder icons.  On the Files tab of the Preferences dialog, there is a checkbox titled "Create Finder icons during copy, ingest, or save as".  You need to set that checkbox to checked.

-Kirk

Offline cgphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:28:05 PM »
Got it! Thanks again.