Author Topic: glancing subfolder location of file in aggregated contact sheet  (Read 1410 times)

Offline lerone

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
hello,

I am trying to get helpful hints by experienced users.

when I open a contact sheet spanning several folders, I do want / need to glance which subfolder a particular image is in (– e.g. to decide whether it needs to be moved...).

I know, principally I could see the path of a selcted file in the bottom footer bar – and thus see where it is located. but aside from this not really being a very striking / readable cue, there is an additional problem I am running tino: the folder path is regularly cut off when it is too long, and the most important parts (final parent folder of image) are cut off.

is there another, easy way to glance the particular (sub-)folder an image is in, when browsing a contact sheet spanning several folders?
– are there customizations, workarounds to achieve that? or maybe am I overlooking some existing / obvious function?

thanks for help + hints!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: glancing subfolder location of file in aggregated contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 03:42:36 PM »
Oliver,

You could edit the Info Text:

Edit->Settings->Set Info Text...

Put the following at the top (or anywhere else you would prefer): {folderpath}{filename}

Click the "Set" button.

On the View menu, choose "Show Info Tooltips".

Now, when you move your mouse over a thumbnail, you should see the full path to the file.

HTH,

-Kirk

PS, for reference: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000358438-list-of-photo-mechanic-variables

Offline lerone

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: glancing subfolder location of file in aggregated contact sheet
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 05:16:04 PM »
thx Kirk!

this is very(!) helpful!

– I forgot about the tooltip and its configurability (it was turned off. 'out of sight, etc....').
and even though I just read the documentation on variables and code replacements etc, I didn´t connect the two.
what a great sub-feature (– esp in combination with the ability to save templates for the info-pane)!

case solved + closed!
(– attaching only a little note though nothing critical: I think setting some padding (5 or 10px) in the bezel/hover-field would really increase readability enormously 'at no cost'!)

thx again!
oliver