Author Topic: Loss of Cropping Tool in recently installed Version 6 Build 6097 on a Win 10 PC  (Read 1330 times)

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Hi Kirk,
Hopefully, you can help with this problem fairly quickly.

I installed the latest build recently on an up to date Win 10 PC and now have lost the facility to use the crop tool as shown on the attached clip where the preview does not show the crop facility.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but still, have the same problem.

At the moment I am using the latest Bridge program to add a crop in images to be saved in groups using PM to save the groups into new folders but, as you can imagine, it has slowed my workflow down considerably.

I await your advice and would like to add that I cannot live without your excellent PhotoMechanic program.
Best rgds,
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
David,

I installed the latest build recently on an up to date Win 10 PC and now have lost the facility to use the crop tool as shown on the attached clip where the preview does not show the crop facility.

Try pressing the 'f' key (or the 'r' key.)  The 'f' key toggles 'full view' mode which hides the thumbstrip and the controls pane on the right side of the screen.  The 'r' key restores the view that was present before going into 'full view' mode.  Either should work.

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Kirk,

Back to school Finch!

What can I say other than I am very sorry to have taken up your time? Having been using PM for the last ten years or more I never knew that life could be so simple as an 'f' key.

Thanks, Kirk.
David