Author Topic: Scrolling keeps jumping  (Read 2238 times)

Offline AlistairHeap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Scrolling keeps jumping
« on: November 12, 2021, 05:11:48 AM »
When Im scrolling through images PM sometimes gets very jumpy. I'll stop my mouse but it keeps scrolling then will jump back. this is really annoying when Im on a deadline. Is there a way to stop this, Is there a setting I haven't found? I use a pen and a mouse and the same happens on both.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:07:28 AM by AlistairHeap »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Scrolling keeps jumping
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 09:01:53 AM »
When Im scrolling through images PM sometimes gets very jumpy. I'll stop my mouse but it keeps scrolling then will jump back. this is really annoying when Im on a deadline. Is there a way to stop this, Is there a setting I haven't found? I use a pen and a mouse and the same happens on both.

What version of Photo Mechanic are you using?  What is its build number?  What OS are you running Photo Mechanic on?

Are you in the Contact Sheet or Preview when this problem occurs?

-Kirk

Offline AlistairHeap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 09:40:33 AM »
Hi Kirk
Im on the following
PM 6.0 Build 6097(85d1687)
Mac 12.0.1
It happens when I'm in contact sheet. It doese'nt matter if the pics are on the main drive or external via USB3/Thunderbolt.
As I scroll down the page when I stop the mouse the page keeps scrolling and I can't stop it. The side slide bar won't respond until it stops scrolling.
Sometimes its OK other times I close down and reopen to get it to respond better.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 10:10:09 AM »
Hi Kirk
Im on the following
PM 6.0 Build 6097(85d1687)
Mac 12.0.1
It happens when I'm in contact sheet. It doese'nt matter if the pics are on the main drive or external via USB3/Thunderbolt.
As I scroll down the page when I stop the mouse the page keeps scrolling and I can't stop it. The side slide bar won't respond until it stops scrolling.
Sometimes its OK other times I close down and reopen to get it to respond better.

Sounds like the contact sheet can't keep up with the mouse wheel events you're sending.  What kind of images are they?

There is a Scroll wheel sensitivity slider in the Contact Sheet page of the Preferences dialog (and one in the Preview page too.)  Try adjusting it to the left (less sensitive).

-Kirk

Offline AlistairHeap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 01:31:34 PM »
Hi Kirk
Well that's made a difference. FYI I turn it all the way down(left) and it made it worse so I've turn it all the way to the right and it so much better. I probably just need to turn it back down a fraction to get it just right. Thanks for the help.