Author Topic: loss of "tag" between camera and Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6097 (85d168  (Read 2692 times)

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I just got my new MB Pro 14" laptop (Apple M1 Pro chip)( Monterey 12.0.1).   I copied over ALL the settings from my 13" Intel based laptop.  When I shoot ( Canon 1Dx) I "tag" or "protect" the images I want to use.  This is my way of editing in camera.  I have always had the images show up in PM with a "tag" after ingesting them.  It is not doing that on my new laptop.  Any ideas?  I use just one card in the camera and only shoot .jpg.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I just got my new MB Pro 14" laptop (Apple M1 Pro chip)( Monterey 12.0.1).   I copied over ALL the settings from my 13" Intel based laptop.  When I shoot ( Canon 1Dx) I "tag" or "protect" the images I want to use.  This is my way of editing in camera.  I have always had the images show up in PM with a "tag" after ingesting them.  It is not doing that on my new laptop.  Any ideas?  I use just one card in the camera and only shoot .jpg.

If you use the Get Info command in the Finder on one of the protected images on the card, does the image show as "Locked"?

If it doesn't show as locked, then PM won't set the tag checkbox during Ingest.

-Kirk

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ON THE CARD, IT SHOWS LOCKED........BUT AFTER INGESTING, THE "TAG" OR "LOCK" IS NOT THERE.  iT WORKED FINE ON MY INTEL CHIP MACBOOK PRO

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
What kind of card are you using?  What card reader?

-Kirk

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SAME ONE AS I HAVE FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS.   SAND DISK CARDS, HOODMAN CARDS AND GENERIC READER ( DO NOT KNOW BRAND)  THE VOICETAGS MOVE OVER DURING INGESTION, JUST NOT THE "LOCK" TAGS

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
The reason I ask is: in your screenshot of the Get Info window it shows the location of the image as being the Desktop folder of an "iCloud Drive" which struck me as odd and not a camera card.

-Kirk

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
THE CARD WAS IN THE READER AND BEING READ FROM MY DESKTOP.  MY DESKTOP IS ALSO AVAILABLE TO ME ON THE CLOUD.
NOTHING HAS CHANGED AT ALL FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING IN THE LAST 8 OR SO YEARS OTHER THAN I AM NOW USING A NEW MB PRO WITH THE APPLE CHIP, NOT THE INTEL CHIP.  SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE CARD AND IT BEING INGESTED ONTO THE LAPTOP, THE "TAG" GOES MISSING.

AS A WORK-AROUND ( AND IT IS TEDIOUS ), I JUST ADD A QUICK VOICE TAG TO THE FRAME IN MY CAMERA SO IT WILL SHOW UP IN PM.  I THEN SELECT ALL THE FILES WITH VOICE TAGS AND THEN TAG THEM ON MY LAPTOP.

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SORRY, I AM AT WORK AND OUR PC'S ONLY FUNCTION IN ALL-CAPS..................I AM NOT YELLING

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ANYTHING?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
ANYTHING?

I'd like to request that you give us a call at 503-547-2888, so we can screenshare with you and have you reproduce the issue for us. So far I don't think we have been able to reproduce this issue on any of our computers. Usually if I can see an issue happen in real time it helps identify how we can reproduce it. If you'd like us to call you, please send an email to support@camerabits.com with a time that works for you (please note we will be out of office Thursday and Friday this week.

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I LEFT A VOICEMAIL WITH MY PHONE #

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
If anyone is having a similar issue and happens upon this thread: The Metadata Template had the Tag option checked, and set to "Untagged", so when the Template was applied on Ingest, all images got untagged.

Offline DGriffin980

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help!!! Camera Bits is da bomb!!