Author Topic: Canon Camera Ratings Don't Transfer to PM  (Read 1433 times)

Offline rayswindlepix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Canon Camera Ratings Don't Transfer to PM
« on: November 18, 2021, 09:23:21 AM »
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6097 (85d1687) and I am using Mac OS Big Sur, v. 11.6 on a 13" Mac BooK Pro (M1). My Canon R6 allows for photos to be rated with 1-5 stars similar to the ratings available in PM and LR.  The ratings from the camera do not transfer into PM.  Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not available in PM 6?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Canon Camera Ratings Don't Transfer to PM
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 09:41:10 AM »
The feature is definitely available in PM6, but I know with some Canon cameras in the past would only record the star ratings to the primary card slot, and not both (depending on settings). I am not sure about the R6. But, if you want to post an image straight out of camera that you have rated, we can take a look.    Use the Attachments link for the post.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline rayswindlepix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 12:02:39 PM »
I took the R6 outside and set the record slot (primary) to #1.  I took a photo then rated the photo 3 stars.  Removed #1 card to injest into PM6.  The photo thumbnail does not show a rating in PM6.  I uploaded the same photo injested by PM6 to my hard drive to Lightroom.  The second attachment shows the 3 star rating applied from the R6 in Lightroom.

Offline rayswindlepix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 12:10:34 PM »
It appears my reply was interrupted by my unreliable rural internet so I am trying to repost.

I took the R6 outside and set the record slot (primary) to #1.  I took a photo then rated the photo 3 stars.  Removed #1 card to injest into PM6.  The photo thumbnail does not show a rating in PM6.  I uploaded the same photo injested by PM6 to my hard drive to Lightroom.  The second attachment shows the 3 star rating applied from the R6 in Lightroom.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 01:32:21 PM »
Ray,

Thanks for the sample image.  I'm able to see the rating (3 stars) in my development version of Photo Mechanic.  When we release the next build, it should work for you too.  We're a few weeks out on a new update.

-Kirk

Offline rayswindlepix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 01:57:32 PM »
Thank you for the information.  Looking forward to the next update.