Author Topic: Zenfolio in PM6+ not working  (Read 2352 times)

Offline tuxster

• Newcomer
  • Just an old man with a camera
    • View Profile
Zenfolio in PM6+ not working
« on: July 18, 2021, 06:39:18 AM »
I am trialing PM6+ and today I tried to upload to my Zenfolio account but receive an error (Unable to load ...). When i search this error it appears its been fixed in PM6 but not sure if I saw a fix for PM6+ for Windows.

Thx

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

Offline Chris t

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Zenfolio in PM6+ not working
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 11:52:55 AM »
I am experiencing this with the latest build.  It shows that it was corrected in one of the previous builds, but I run into this issue when I try to connect.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 01:17:16 PM »
Hi Chris,

I'm able to connect and upload to our Zenfolio test account in Photo Mechanic Plus build 6097 without issue.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log file. You can get access to the PM.log file from within Photo Mechanic's Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data...". When you're composing your reply use the 'Attachments and other options' link and select the PM_log.zip file to upload.

Thanks,
Jerry

Offline Chris t

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 03:38:07 PM »
Attached.
Thank you,
Chris

Online ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 04:45:39 PM »
Is this a new Zenfolio account and/or did you happen to upgrade/convert your account to their new platform? Zenfolio now has a "classic" platform and a "new" platform and their "new" platform does not have a public API for other applications (or even their own iOS app, last time I checked, a few weeks ago) to access. Zenfolio let us know that they would have a public API for this new platform next year, but were not able to provide any details beyond that.

Here is the last email I got from Zenfolio support, where I had asked how a user might determine which type of account they have:

The names of the plans for the new platform are Portfolio, PortfolioPlus, and ProSuite. Any user can view the name of their plan on the new platform by logging in and Account Settings > Billing > Scroll down to Subscriptions or they can use this URL: https://app.zenfolio.com/account?activeTab=billing

The names of the plans for the classic platform are Basic, Unlimited, Starter, Pro, Advanced, Premium, and Premium Business. The most popular plans are the Starter, Pro, and Advanced plans. Any user can view the name of their plan on the new platform by logging in and Account Settings > Account Information or they can use this URL: https://www.zenfolio.com/u/e/settings/account/accountInfo.aspx

Our support team can also let them know what plan they're currently on if they'd like to LiveChat or email (support@zenfolio.com).

So if you are on one of the "new" plans, we can't do much until they allow API access. If you are on a Classic plan, please let us know and we can troubleshoot further (although I would still reach out to Zenfolio to see if there are any account settings that might need to be adjusted)

Offline Chris t

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 07:07:44 AM »
I am on a brand new account, switching from my own hosting.  One of the reasons I picked them was because of the integration.  LOL.  Thank you for the help.  I will reach out to them and see if I can help with some motivation.
Chris

Online ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 10:41:45 AM »
I am on a brand new account, switching from my own hosting.  One of the reasons I picked them was because of the integration.  LOL.  Thank you for the help.  I will reach out to them and see if I can help with some motivation.
Chris

From what I gathered, it is still possible to use their "classic" account but it seems you need to specifically be looking for it.

I asked how a new user could get this type of account and they provided this information:

Any users that would like to sign up for the classic platform can start a free trial with the links below:

USA Classic Trial: https://zenfolio.com/advanced-trial/
UK Classic Trial:  https://zenfolio.com/uk/advanced-trial/