Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Extracting words from within a caption as filenames

(1/1)

davidmullen:
Hi Folks,

I use Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6097 (85d1687). In sports photography, I have to rename images with the surnames of the players involved. For example, lets say David Mullen (Ireland) and Jack Dillon (UK) are depicted in an image. I use the "Object Field" as the filename field and manually type Mullen_Dillon as the filename, but I wonder if there is a way to achieve this through variables or variable substrings. I`ve searched the forum and googled variations of what I want, but no luck.
Any Ideas?

David

Kirk Baker:
David,

--- Quote from: davidmullen on November 22, 2021, 01:37:53 PM ---I use Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6097 (85d1687). In sports photography, I have to rename images with the surnames of the players involved. For example, lets say David Mullen (Ireland) and Jack Dillon (UK) are depicted in an image. I use the "Object Field" as the filename field and manually type Mullen_Dillon as the filename, but I wonder if there is a way to achieve this through variables or variable substrings. I've searched the forum and googled variations of what I want, but no luck.
--- End quote ---

While there is Variable Substring Extraction, it would require getting the offset into the caption (and the length of each name) just right.  I doubt it would be any faster than simply using copy and paste.

No other methods come to mind.

-Kirk

davidmullen:
Thanks Kirk,

I found a workaround by amending the code replacement file to give me surnames only. Thanks for your help.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version