Author Topic: UNDO a delete command in PM+  (Read 993 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
UNDO a delete command in PM+
« on: October 08, 2022, 05:50:45 PM »
please please please  add an undo feature.  I once again deleted more photos that i intended from a batch I had just opened;  The only protection I have is to NEVER work on originals, but work on copies and then when I make a mistake, i can go back to the original.  This is a total nuisance.  There needs to be a way to undo a delete action when dragging selected photos to the trash--just like the Mac system allows one to open files from the trash before emptying it.  If this can't be done, I am going to have to revert to processing my photos in Bridge before putting them in PM--which is also a nuissance!!   PLEASE!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: UNDO a delete command in PM+
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 02:24:24 PM »
Jon Paul,

please please please  add an undo feature.  I once again deleted more photos that i intended from a batch I had just opened;  The only protection I have is to NEVER work on originals, but work on copies and then when I make a mistake, i can go back to the original.  This is a total nuisance.  There needs to be a way to undo a delete action when dragging selected photos to the trash--just like the Mac system allows one to open files from the trash before emptying it.  If this can't be done, I am going to have to revert to processing my photos in Bridge before putting them in PM--which is also a nuissance!!   PLEASE!!!

I take it that you're dragging photos from the Contact Sheet in Photo Mechanic Plus to the Trash icon in the dock and not using the Delete Photos... command on the file menu (or the contextual menu)?

When I use drag and drop from the Contact Sheet to the Trash can icon in the dock, the images end up in the Trash and I can open the Trash and move them back.

Are you working with local files or files on a network drive?  Files on a network drive are deleted immediately (the Finder will also do this though it does ask for confirmation first.)

I suggest that you use the Delete Photos command on the File menu.  It will ask you first and will warn about files on networked drives.

-Kirk