Photo Mechanic > Support

Location data not displayed in some on contact sheet

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kirk Baker:
I need an actual image that experiences the problem, not a screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

pm_sgp:
Here you go, Kirk
Thanks

Kirk Baker:
Thank you.  I will investigate and get back to you.

-Kirk

Kirk Baker:
That image does not have any XMP data for the variables that you listed.  If I open your image in the Metadata Info window (click the 'i' button that appears over the image when I put my mouse cursor over it) and scroll to the Location and Location Taken areas, the fields are blank.  The Location Shown table does have location information.  If I click on the globe icons (the Reverse Geocoding buttons) and then hold down the Modifier Key (Shift on Windows, Option on macOS) and click the "Eval" button, the same location information is now visible in those fields as well (with the exception of the State information which remains blank.)

Did you apply Reverse Geocoding to all of the images as they were Ingested?

-Kirk

ejhutch:
I took a look at the image in a Hex Editor (Synalyze It! Pro) and a file comparison program that can do a byte compare of photos (Beyond Compare), and it does have GPS data included. But not sure if it's where PM is expecting it. I've run across this behavior before, going from one app to another, and not just with Photo Mechanic, which is why I'm posting. Though I haven't been able to take the time to figure out the cause... just that there is metadata in an image, but one or another app doesn't recognize that it's there, while another app might. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I looked into this, and I cannot remember which programs exhibit which behavior. Screenshots are attached. Hopefully this helps someone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version