Author Topic: {seqn} automatically reset to "001"  (Read 1615 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
{seqn} automatically reset to "001"
« on: November 28, 2021, 05:10:58 AM »
Is there a way to use {seqn} in something like the "Save As..." panel where it automagically resets to zero?  I save folders of images at multiple sizes and use {seqn} as part of the naming.  I always start at "001" with each batch, so I need preset the reset button each time, but invariably, I forget at least once and have to run that batch over again. 

If not, would you consider a new variable of {seqn1} that says to start at 1 regardless of current value of {seqn}

Thanks!

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: {seqn} automatically reset to "001"
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 09:52:07 AM »
Mike,

Is there a way to use {seqn} in something like the "Save As..." panel where it automagically resets to zero?  I save folders of images at multiple sizes and use {seqn} as part of the naming.  I always start at "001" with each batch, so I need preset the reset button each time, but invariably, I forget at least once and have to run that batch over again. 

No.  But you can quickly reset it by using the "Modifier Key" while clicking on the Sequence button (Shift on Windows, Option on macOS).

If not, would you consider a new variable of {seqn1} that says to start at 1 regardless of current value of {seqn}

Feel free to make a feature request.

-Kirk