Author Topic: Simple text file editing similar to code replacement  (Read 3856 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Simple text file editing similar to code replacement
« on: May 02, 2007, 02:49:53 PM »
Actually I would need a simple text editor that has some feature like code replacement in PM. I often have to produce long lists of mainly constant elements replaced by also constant elements in a different format. To be precise like rosters but changing layouts, replacing delimiters, quotes, translating certain words (name spellings, country names) etc.

The ordindary find and replace tool is not enough for this because one would have to go through all possible changes to be made. However the code replacement file list used in PM would offer an easy solution because all the strings in question could be listed as a code replacement, and you only have to run the script.

So I have a roster like:
#34 - James, Jessee (Bears) Arizona

And would like to see:
34. Jessee James - Aritona Bears

My problem actually includes changing some characters to ancient ones but the main problem is to find a text editor (for Windows XP) that can do such replacements listed in a file.

I ask this here because Code Replacement gave the idea, and the output is likely to be used in PM as a Code Replacement file (besides other uses of course). And maybe others could (or maybe do?) use such an application for their code replacement files.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com