Author Topic: Open a selection in a new contact sheet to save this to the Favorites  (Read 1888 times)

Offline dmdeckbar

• View Profile
Dear Camerabits,

is the a way to save a selection of photos in a contact sheet to a new contact sheet.

I would like to save this to the Favorites.

Really love the possibility to save multiple contact sheets to one folder with a plus in the Favorites

What I found is save and load selection but that does not work for me.

Best Dirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open a selection in a new contact sheet to save this to the Favorites
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 08:07:55 AM »
Dirk,

I'm not sure I understand what you want.  I take it that you don't want to copy a subset of images to a new folder?  I'm thinking that you want some items to be visible and some to be hidden?

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 03:23:42 PM »
is the a way to save a selection of photos in a contact sheet to a new contact sheet.

This sort of thing is commonly solved by assigning a particular color class, a star rating, or a tag to the "favorites"  and then if you want to see just the favorites, use the widgets (for color class or star rating)  or view control (to "view tagged") to filter the contact sheet. (Pro tip: You can option-click (mac) or alt-click (Win) a color or star rating to automatically deselect the other choices. It's faster than clicking each of the other colors/stars)

If you are already using all three of those for other things, another option would be to add the keyword "favorite" to each of your favorites. You could then use "Find" (cmd-f on mac, ctrl-f on Win) in any particular contact sheet to select only the images with the "favorite" keyword (this could be saved as a snapshot preset in the Find dialog if you use it a lot)  and then "View Selected" with the F2 key.

Yet another option is to select your favorites and call up Copy/Move (command-y on Mac, ctrl-y on Windows) and from there you can automatically create a subfolder (perhaps called "Favorites") and copy those images to that subfolder, and then that folder could be opened as a contact sheet.

Perhaps one of these can help you accomplish what you need.

Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline dmdeckbar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 06:26:24 AM »
Dear Kirk, dear Mick,

I don't want to move the files.
What I want o do ist a virtual copy or call it a collection in PM6

The same I can do with multiple open tabs to combine them with the +Symbol on the folder and ad them to the favorites.

Something what you can do in PM+ with collections.

Best Dirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 11:25:56 AM »
Dirk,

The same I can do with multiple open tabs to combine them with the +Symbol on the folder and ad them to the favorites.

Something what you can do in PM+ with collections.

Then why not use collections?  Or is it that you are using collections, but you want to make those collections into favorites so that they're more readily accessible?

-Kirk