Author Topic: Edit EXIF Field Artist  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Edit EXIF Field Artist
« on: December 04, 2021, 11:05:13 AM »
Hello,
is it possible to Edit the EXIF Field Artist?

Thx
Jan

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Re: Edit EXIF Field Artist
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 11:19:24 AM »
To make it clearer, I import images into PM but the EXIF tag Artist is not overwritten by PM with the Creator/Photographer field which is filled in the IPTC dialogue. This leads to the problem that Artist indicates a different photographer than the Creator field.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 11:27:17 AM »
To make it clearer, I import images into PM but the EXIF tag Artist is not overwritten by PM with the Creator/Photographer field which is filled in the IPTC dialogue. This leads to the problem that Artist indicates a different photographer than the Creator field.

No, Photo Mechanic will not update the EXIF Artist tag.  It will read it, but not write it.

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 11:55:53 AM »
Hello Kirk,

thanks for the quick reply, could it be made possible in a simple way in a timely future release? Currently I have the problem that some photographers share several cameras and then I get the wrong credits from these details for some newspapers.

Thanks a lot
Jan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 08:56:14 PM »
Jan,

thanks for the quick reply, could it be made possible in a simple way in a timely future release? Currently I have the problem that some photographers share several cameras and then I get the wrong credits from these details for some newspapers.

No, not likely.  Updating/expanding EXIF data is somewhat complicated, depending on the format of the image.

-Kirk