Author Topic: PhotoMechanic on my laptop - too many log in/registration attempts error!  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Drew Smith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi guys

Here's my problem that has continually reoccurred for a number of months now:

I'm a working sports photographer and go out on assignment a lot where I need to use PhotoMechanic on site for media downloads for my clients. I have a laptop for this. I use PhotoMechanic on ONLY 2 machines; my laptop and my PC tower at home.

Last week I worked for a client which required me to use my laptop. So the day before I checked all my laptops functionality and found that when I tried to access PhotoMechanic it threw up a message saying it required a Registration License. This has happened at least three times before. Anyway, after entering my License number it threw up an error message saying there had been 'multiple registration attemps'! No matter what I did from then I could not gain access.

The only option left to me and the one I took was to try and access the 30 day free trial. Which thankfully worked.

I've previously raised this issue with your Support via email and followed the advice which was:

Your license has been used 3 times to register Photo Mechanic v5 software, and there is no record of any deactivation attempt, so it is likely that there was an update of some kind to your hardware or operating system that now requires you to re-register.

To resolve this issue, we will need you to use the list sent to you last week to specify which computers you either no longer use, or are requiring you to re-register the software.  Once you have sent us that information, we will be able to remotely delist the lost activation(so) for you, as noted in our last email.

I complied and on the next use everything was fine. Then the next time I tried I got the same error message thrown up; that there had been multiple attempts to login in. The strange this is that I can log in and use PM on my PC at  home without a problem. 

This is obviously a major problem. Can I get any help with this please?

Drew

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PhotoMechanic on my laptop - too many log in/registration attempts error!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 09:20:37 AM »
Drew,

Someone from out technical support staff will be reaching out to you today.  The sort of problem you're having is not resolvable on the forum.

-Kirk