Author Topic: Upload Error Help!  (Read 1286 times)

Offline TylerMillerPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upload Error Help!
« on: December 13, 2021, 01:47:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just looking for an answer for a problem I encountered yesterday! My first time using PM at a sporting event, I was able to transfer images fine during pre-match and warm ups. As soon as the match begins I encountered an error that wouldn't correct until I was home and tested again. I was attempting to upload through dropbox and below is the log message I was receiving.

I also use:
macOS Catalina Version: 10.15.7
PhotoMechanic Plus, Version: 6.0 Build 6097

Thanks! :D

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upload Error Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 01:48:44 PM »
Just looking for an answer for a problem I encountered yesterday! My first time using PM at a sporting event, I was able to transfer images fine during pre-match and warm ups. As soon as the match begins I encountered an error that wouldn't correct until I was home and tested again. I was attempting to upload through dropbox and below is the log message I was receiving.

I also use:
macOS Catalina Version: 10.15.7
PhotoMechanic Plus, Version: 6.0 Build 6097

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic Plus go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline TylerMillerPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 01:59:35 PM »
Sure, here's the PM Log!

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 02:57:23 PM »
Thank you for the log file.

This problem appears to have been caused by a spotty connection or a bad DNS server response, which ultimately lead to a malformed path for the Dropbox API. I don't expect this to happen often and should eventually resolve itself.

Let us know if the problem persists and we can investigate further. I will then send you a personal message with instructions on how to enable additional logging and where to send the new log file once the problem has been recreated.

-Jerry