Author Topic: IPTC Caption and Synology NAS  (Read 1802 times)

Offline oryk

• View Profile
IPTC Caption and Synology NAS
« on: December 16, 2021, 01:51:30 AM »
Hello,

I send jpgs to my Synology NAS. IPTC-Metadata written by PM seem to be incomplete. Only keywords are shown in the Synology Photo app. IPTC-Metadata written by ADOBE Lightroom seem to be complete. Caption/Description and keywords are shown. If I reimport this files from NAS PM shows all IPTC-Metatdata.
I changed some IPTC/XMP settings but nothing helps.

-Oryk
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Caption and Synology NAS
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 09:10:52 AM »
Oryk,

I send jpgs to my Synology NAS. IPTC-Metadata written by PM seem to be incomplete. Only keywords are shown in the Synology Photo app. IPTC-Metadata written by ADOBE Lightroom seem to be complete. Caption/Description and keywords are shown. If I reimport this files from NAS PM shows all IPTC-Metatdata.

Please post sample images.  One from PM, one from Lr, and a screenshot of your IPTC/XMP settings in the Photo Mechanic Plus Preferences dialog.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your files.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »
... my files
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 08:45:43 AM »
Oryk,

Thanks.  I will look into this when I return from the holidays.  Please don't report this post for moderation anymore.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 09:35:58 AM »
Oryk,

The data that the Synology NAS is using is EXIF data only.  It is ignoring XMP metadata.  Photo Mechanic does not put the description and keywords in EXIF data.  Lightroom/Photoshop completely rewrite the file and have the ability to make new EXIF data and include that data.  Photo Mechanic updates the JPEG directly (no image loss occurs) and cannot expand the EXIF data to insert those fields.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 01:01:57 PM »
.. thank you for this information.

- Oryk
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )