Author Topic: Can not remove a Folder from the catalog if not existing anymore  (Read 2308 times)

Offline erbro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can not remove a Folder from the catalog if not existing anymore
« on: December 20, 2021, 08:15:20 AM »
HEllo,

I had to move to a new computer.  The local user folder name on the c: Drive on the new computer has another name.  I re-scan the new folder. This works fine.

I would like to delete the old from the catalog (in the organizer > Browse > right click - remove folder).

I get following error : Error: CatalogState.path_tree_remove: No sharepoint mapping found for path. Can't continue. (path="C:/Users/Eric/Pictures/")

How to solve this ?

Best regards
Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can not remove a Folder from the catalog if not existing anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 08:59:08 AM »
Eric,

I had to move to a new computer.  The local user folder name on the c: Drive on the new computer has another name.  I re-scan the new folder. This works fine.

I would like to delete the old from the catalog (in the organizer > Browse > right click - remove folder).

I get following error : Error: CatalogState.path_tree_remove: No sharepoint mapping found for path. Can't continue. (path="C:/Users/Eric/Pictures/")

How to solve this ?

I have no solution for you at this time.  It sounds like a problem that I'll have to fix.

-Kirk

Offline gand

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 11:46:25 PM »
Hi

Same problem, any solution so far?

Rgds
Gert

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 07:41:10 AM »
Gert,

Same problem, any solution so far?

No solution at this time.  I did file a bug on it on January 3rd.  We will fix the problem in a future build.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 09:04:37 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline PauloBMB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 08:07:21 AM »
This same problem was driving me crazy here, guess I will wait for the fix. Glad to see is already under the radar...

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 12:46:58 PM »
For those of you having this problem, could you share your catalog.pmdb file with me and specify the full path that you were trying to remove?  If your catalog.pmdb file is too large to post here, contact me via personal message (click on my name to the left of this post) and I will give you FTP server info where you can upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline PauloBMB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 03:14:15 PM »
Hi Kirk,
I am currently in the process of importing images, do I need to stop that and close PM before I send you the file?

I had this one main catalog that keep freezing up and taking too long to process, now I am splitting it into one catalog for each year to see if it helps.
 You only need the catalog.pmdb file right?

Running PM+ build 6245 on Win 10

As always, thanks a lot!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 05:08:00 PM »
Paulo,

I am currently in the process of importing images, do I need to stop that and close PM before I send you the file?
Yes, please quit the app first.  But there's no rush, let the import complete.

You only need the catalog.pmdb file right?

Yes.  And I need to know which path you tried to remove without success.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 12:22:11 PM »
Eric,

How to solve this ?

I now have a better understanding as to how this situation can occur.  When you moved to your new computer, it is likely that the catalog state database (cat_state.sq3) from your old computer did not get copied to your new computer.  Not your fault at all, it isn't obvious what files/folders need to be copied over to a new machine.  Without this database, removing a folder from the Browse tree is not currently possible.

When the database file is present, removing all the files with the path you chose to remove is very quick.  Without it, there may be a more brute-force method of finding all of the files and removing them but I'll have to implement that.

For reference, the cat_state.sq3 file can be found in this location on Windows:
<your home dir>\AppData\Local\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\catalog\state\cat_state.sq3

On macOS, it is in this location:
/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/Camera Bits, Inc/Photo Mechanic/catalog/state/cat_state.sq3

-Kirk