Author Topic: Metadata IPTC  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Metadata IPTC
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 09:16:40 AM »
Roger,

I opened your 21Trastar1066.NEF by dragging it from the folder you had zipped onto Photoshop.  It opened in the Adobe Camera RAW plugin.  I clicked the Open button.  The image was now in Photoshop proper.  I brought up the File Info and your metadata was there.  I have attached a screenshot as proof of this.

Then I saved it as a JPEG.  I closed the image and then opened the new JPEG.  Your metadata is still there.  My Photoshop version is "21.2.4 Release"

I think you may have to contact Adobe for this problem.

-Kirk

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• freelance photographer from Stockholm Sweden
    • View Profile
    • RVBILD
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2022, 12:58:24 PM »
ok thanks I will contact them as soon as possible Kirk

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 07:34:27 AM »
If you open the NEF in Adobe Camera Raw, then save to JPG, have you by any chance set the Metadata box in the save dialog to remove data? I have set it to remove data when saving files to upload to various sites then forgot to change it back when I wanted all data to be saved to the jpg and wondered why the RAW file has info but the JPG doesn't.

Just a thought.

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• View Profile
    • RVBILD
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2022, 12:52:02 AM »
Seems to been solved with the new update of Photoshop 23.1.0  :) Thank you for all support  and have a great new year
/Roger

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2022, 12:45:34 PM »
Could it be that the Metadata box in Adobe Camera Raw is set to remove data when saving to JPG? I've done that when saving RAW files for various posts then forgot to change it back when I wanted Metadata saved to JPG.

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• View Profile
    • RVBILD
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 01:07:51 AM »
No all is set as it should be. But yesterday I think I found the problem. IF I ingest to local hard drive there is no problem . But when I move the local  folder to my Synology diskstation all ITPC disappear. I have contact support at synology to see if they could help me with this issue.