Author Topic: PM6/Lightroom (LRC) bi-directional updates?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Wayne Bulleid

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6/Lightroom (LRC) bi-directional updates?
« on: January 06, 2022, 08:25:11 AM »
Hi - Been trying to get this to work but without success and have read a few entries on this forum which I've not found an answer for this. Can anyone provide a solution please? (or point me to the thread that covers please?).

Headline workflow, photo's ingested with Metadata applied into PM 6 (all RAW images, no JPG). Color class(es) progressed etc, split out all rubbish images and moved to a "Trash" folder never to be looked at again, all those I want to edit in LRC I then move to a dedicated "LR Edit" folder ready to "Add" into LRC (with a new blank catalog). I proceed to "Add" in LRC (note: Build Reviews has "Embedded & Sidecar" selected. So far, so good. I make edits in LRC and expect them to appear in PM (which they don't - inc. cropping, color class update, star rates etc). However, further updates made in PM DO show in LRC (once right click "synchronize folder" option selected) IF I've not made any adjustment to the RAW image in LRC.

So, in summary, update works partially from PM to LRC and not at all from LRC back to PM - Although I've seen this referenced in a YouTube tutorial by a sports photographer, is this really a function available?

I've been looking at this for a quite a while and now not able to see the wood for the trees - is it a config setting? any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

PS - the .XMP file modified time stamp updates when PM update is progressed and refreshed (sync) in LRC. The date/timestamp does not change when updates progressed in LRC

Offline gand

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6/Lightroom (LRC) bi-directional updates?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 08:43:05 AM »
Hi

In LRC, after you are done with the your edits, try to Right Click on the image, choose Metadata and then write Metadata to XMP. Your edit should now be available in PM.

If this works, you can write xmp automatically with settings in the Catalog Settings

I’m using PM and LRC together

Gert

Offline Wayne Bulleid

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 08:50:01 AM »
BANG! - and just like that, it works! - I'll update the Catalog Settings, Metadata and check the box "Automatically write changes into XMP" and give that a go too - Really appreciate the help, many thanks!

Offline gand

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 09:23:02 AM »
and if you do edits in PM, Read metadata from files in LRC in order to get LRC updated

Gert