Author Topic: Save specific metadata collections in Metadata Template and info  (Read 1482 times)

Offline danielmiller

• View Profile
I work at a university and there are many repeat assignments that will use the same Collection of keywords, such as football games. It would make keyword tagging much faster if we could apply and/or create specific Collections of keywords in the Metadata Template, Metadata Info and maybe even the Structured Keywords Panel.

I'll attach a mock-up to help illustrate

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Save specific metadata collections in Metadata Template and info
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 04:16:56 PM »
I think you may be overlooking a current feature of Photo Mechanic. In the dropdown menu in your screenshot, if you click "Edit keywords" you will get a 2-paneled box with the keywords for the current image in the left column and the master keywords list on the right. Once you have added items to the Master Keywords, you can click the Snapshot button to save that list to a name so that you can get back to it later: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001142336-snapshots

Let me know if you think this is what you are looking for.

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 05:39:51 AM »
Alternatively use the lightning bolt at the bottom left of the Metadata (IPTC) Template to save a metadata template as a snapshot.  They can be named and recalled/applied as required. 

Offline danielmiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 12:08:00 PM »
Thanks for the responses!

I've abandoned using the Master Keywords List in favor of the Structured Keywords Panel. Our keyword list is just too large, and the SKP just makes things so much easier.

I never thought to use snapshots as a way to save groups of keywords that get used repeatedly. It should work but it would be nice if there was a solution that's a little more obvious and took a few less clicks. (You'd be surprised how much I need to cater my workflow so it's easy enough for student workers to easily follow)

It just seems like a logical next step. Structured keyword lists are clearly the future of metadata tagging. If we have such a nice interface to gather individual keywords (the SKP), there should be an elegant way to quickly bring up commonly used groups of those keywords.