Author Topic: PhotoMechanic Plus Will Not Start  (Read 972 times)

Offline bigbird54

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PhotoMechanic Plus Will Not Start
« on: January 24, 2022, 01:00:07 PM »
Hello, all.  I recently updated to the latest version of PM Plus.  After doing so, and starting it up, I received a floating popup message from Windows 11 Firewall that PM Plus was blocked from internet access.  I immediately clicked on the "allow access" button on the popup for both private and public.  Even after doing so, PM Plus will no longer start up at all.  I tried reloading the app, and it still will not execute.  When checking Windows firewall settings, everything looks fine, and it is shown that PM Plus has access.  PM Plus is the only app I am having this issue with on my computer.  Please help me solve this, as PM Plus is the best app I have used for my photo management needs, and I don't want to have to go back to Lightroom.  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PhotoMechanic Plus Will Not Start
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 01:12:27 PM »
Hello, all.  I recently updated to the latest version of PM Plus.  After doing so, and starting it up, I received a floating popup message from Windows 11 Firewall that PM Plus was blocked from internet access.  I immediately clicked on the "allow access" button on the popup for both private and public.  Even after doing so, PM Plus will no longer start up at all.  I tried reloading the app, and it still will not execute.  When checking Windows firewall settings, everything looks fine, and it is shown that PM Plus has access.  PM Plus is the only app I am having this issue with on my computer.  Please help me solve this, as PM Plus is the best app I have used for my photo management needs, and I don't want to have to go back to Lightroom.  Thanks.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]