Photo Mechanic > Support

How to speedup ingest process?

<< < (2/2)

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: elementalpress on January 18, 2022, 01:54:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on January 18, 2022, 01:53:19 PM ---Try changing the open contact sheets option to only open at the end or not at all.

--- End quote ---

I already tried this and it gave me 2 or sec 3 sec, only.
--- End quote ---

When you compared the speed of the Finder vs. PM, had you already ingested with PM?  If so, that's not a fair test.  The data on the disk will have been cached in the unified disk cache in macOS.  All copies from that point on will be accelerated.

-Kirk

elementalpress:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on January 18, 2022, 01:59:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: elementalpress on January 18, 2022, 01:54:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on January 18, 2022, 01:53:19 PM ---Try changing the open contact sheets option to only open at the end or not at all.

--- End quote ---

I already tried this and it gave me 2 or sec 3 sec, only.
--- End quote ---

OK.  I have nothing else for you to try.  For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

They will troubleshoot with you directly.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Thx Kirk, I will do it.

Lars

phototyke:
Lars,
Can you update this thread with any findings fom support.....must admit I thought the ingest from my Z9 to PM was slow also on a new laptop....

elementalpress:

--- Quote from: phototyke on January 23, 2022, 02:43:30 PM ---Lars,
Can you update this thread with any findings fom support.....must admit I thought the ingest from my Z9 to PM was slow also on a new laptop....

--- End quote ---

Phototyke, I send a message with some additional information and a video to the support. Unfortunately, I didn't received any further response until now. I'll let you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version