Author Topic: Folder disappears after arrangement and renaming of photos  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Rustler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Folder disappears after arrangement and renaming of photos
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 10:14:16 AM »
Thanks for your explanation. For me as an average user this behavior of the system - for whatever reason - looks really strange. But it is a fact. In this case arranging photos and renaming them in a new sequence for my customers as a priority list can still be done in the Navigator (it is the only place arrangement view is available). But after that i need to make always a sync of the catalog to bring everything back in the original and only folder path. Correct? Or do you know a more efficient way to do arrangement/renaming in PM+?

Rustler

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 11:22:16 AM »
Thanks for your explanation. For me as an average user this behavior of the system - for whatever reason - looks really strange. But it is a fact. In this case arranging photos and renaming them in a new sequence for my customers as a priority list can still be done in the Navigator (it is the only place arrangement view is available). But after that i need to make always a sync of the catalog to bring everything back in the original and only folder path. Correct? Or do you know a more efficient way to do arrangement/renaming in PM+?

Let's not go down that road.  I'd rather fix the problem so it doesn't happen for you or anyone else.

I've changed the path normalization to prefer retaining drive letters.  Please try this new build with the steps you used this morning:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PMPlusSetupR6287_0351d0db.msi

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Rustler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 11:46:13 AM »
Hey, that is a really quick and great response to a customer's problem by offering a new build to fix it finally  :)  :)  :)

Stupid question: Do i have to uninstall my current version before or can i directly install the new build?

Rustler

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 12:18:34 PM »
Hey, that is a really quick and great response to a customer's problem by offering a new build to fix it finally  :)  :)  :)

Stupid question: Do i have to uninstall my current version before or can i directly install the new build?

Not a stupid question at all.  You can install over the current version.

-Kirk

Offline Rustler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 01:03:55 PM »
Wonderful 8). I did all the test cases again, step by step and everything worked perfect.

My testing with PM+ and your support have encouraged me to finally switch to PM+. I have to adapt my workflow a little bit, but it looks like that the new workflow with the powerful search functionality of PM+ will be more effcient and faster.

Thank you very much

Rustler

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2022, 05:17:23 PM »
Wonderful 8). I did all the test cases again, step by step and everything worked perfect.

My testing with PM+ and your support have encouraged me to finally switch to PM+. I have to adapt my workflow a little bit, but it looks like that the new workflow with the powerful search functionality of PM+ will be more effcient and faster.

Thank you very much

You're welcome,

-Kirk

Offline Rustler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 01:13:09 AM »
Yesterday i had the same issue while moving photos. I guess you need to check all file activities regarding that path normalization issue like rename, move, copy etc.

Rustler

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2022, 09:03:17 AM »
Yesterday i had the same issue while moving photos. I guess you need to check all file activities regarding that path normalization issue like rename, move, copy etc.

You had that problem with the build I provided you?

-Kirk

Offline Rustler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2022, 10:03:29 AM »
Yes, i was setting up a new database/catalog and copied or renamed a few photos, i do not know exactly anymore. After doing a sync everything was fine again. Next time, i will documentate my activities immediately. Sorry, for not doing it this time.

Rustler

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2022, 10:28:11 AM »
Yes, i was setting up a new database/catalog and copied or renamed a few photos, i do not know exactly anymore. After doing a sync everything was fine again. Next time, i will documentate my activities immediately. Sorry, for not doing it this time.

No problem, if you can come up with a set of steps that reproduces the problem, I'll do what I can to fix the issue.

-Kirk