Author Topic: SFTP Issues  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Simon Wootton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SFTP Issues
« on: January 19, 2022, 10:40:27 AM »
I have just started wiring images to a desk and used FTP last weekend. That worked fine and without issue. Last night I tried SFTP as that is what my agency uses to fire images to the media. I simply couldn't get it to work on PM5. I read a topic here about SFTP which suggested that PM6 had better support so I spent the money and bought the upgrade. Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to be working. If I use the same settings in Filezilla there are no issues and the file transfers easily. When I choose the SFTP in connections it looks like it is communicating and I get a ready message flash up however when I try to send it says transfer complete with errors. The folder on the server it should go into fires the files off to other places so perhaps that causes an issue with PM. The error message on the log is [ERROR]   \\?\H:\Livi\Sprem_Liv-v-DunSW_18012022001.jpg   SFTP   Net::SFTP::StatusException open /Sprem_Liv-v-DunSW_18012022001.jpg (4, "failure")
Any help gratefully received.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SFTP Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 04:06:57 PM »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 08:57:57 AM »
Regarding this 'Net::SFTP::StatusException open' error, it appears that the file was either locked, renamed, or moved before Photo Mechanic had finished with the file.

Edit: The PM.log file may have more information about the issue.

-Jerry
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:25:55 AM by Jerry H »

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 11:11:53 AM »
If I use the same settings in Filezilla there are no issues and the file transfers easily. When I choose the SFTP in connections it looks like it is communicating and I get a ready message flash up however when I try to send it says transfer complete with errors.

Do you know what SSH File Transfer Protocol version the server is using?

-Jerry

Offline bud21

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 08:18:14 AM »
Hi there,
did some solve the sftp problem? After a serverchange I have do upload the files with sftp. But when If select the bulitin sftp tool for the upload and enter all known access data, the server denies Photomechanic access. However, access with filezilla is possible with the same data.
with regards
juergen

BMP, OS Sonoma 14.1.1

Offline bud21

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 08:42:20 AM »
"Error: Unable to connect to server. Please check your connection settings."