Author Topic: Live Ingest Problems  (Read 825 times)

Offline peben

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Ingest Problems
« on: January 21, 2022, 12:42:00 PM »
I'm trying to use Nikon's NX Tether software with PhotoMechanic's Live Ingest, and I can't get it to work. I've set up the NX Tether software to send photos to a desktop folder named Tether Test. Then I go to Live Ingest on PM. I set the Source folder to be the same Tether Test folder and set the destination folder to be "transfer2" also on my desktop. Then start.I keep getting the error message that says the "Tether Test" folder cannot be opened because it is currently in use. Please advise

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 01:24:40 PM »
I'm trying to use Nikon's NX Tether software with PhotoMechanic's Live Ingest, and I can't get it to work. I've set up the NX Tether software to send photos to a desktop folder named Tether Test. Then I go to Live Ingest on PM. I set the Source folder to be the same Tether Test folder and set the destination folder to be "transfer2" also on my desktop. Then start.I keep getting the error message that says the "Tether Test" folder cannot be opened because it is currently in use. Please advise

Sounds like their software has the folder locked such that Photo Mechanic can't open it.  There may be a setting that makes the folder shareable in Nikon's software.

-Kirk