Author Topic: Build 6245 drag and drop not working windows 11  (Read 1532 times)

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Build 6245 drag and drop not working windows 11
« on: January 22, 2022, 05:23:18 AM »
Sooo, I have been using a 'Windows 11 drag and drop fix' to successfully drag selected photos from PM to LR....did this for a whole week of freelance sports photography work at the Sydney Tennis Classic....worked well.....however since then I've updated PM to the latest build and today the drag n drop isnt working I get 'no photos found' in LR.....I can drag and drop the exact same images directly from their folder in File Explorer but not photo mechanic.....tried opening the LR imprt dialog prior and then dropping,doesnt work....I can import the same photos in LR from the folder or drag and dropping via file explorer.....but not PM...similarly the PM 'edit photo in' lightroom (for a single photo) doesnt work.....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Build 6245 drag and drop not working windows 11
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 06:27:53 AM »
Sooo, I have been using a 'Windows 11 drag and drop fix' to successfully drag selected photos from PM to LR....did this for a whole week of freelance sports photography work at the Sydney Tennis Classic....worked well.....however since then I've updated PM to the latest build and today the drag n drop isnt working I get 'no photos found' in LR.....I can drag and drop the exact same images directly from their folder in File Explorer but not photo mechanic.....tried opening the LR imprt dialog prior and then dropping,doesnt work....I can import the same photos in LR from the folder or drag and dropping via file explorer.....but not PM...similarly the PM 'edit photo in' lightroom (for a single photo) doesnt work.....

If we can reproduce the problem, we will fix it.  You can install the 6097 build to go back to the previous build.  See the Announcements board for all of the download links: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=15.0

-Kirk

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 03:02:59 PM »
Kirk Thanks for your super quick response....took your advice and went back to the previous build 6097 and drag n drop worked fine.....
et me know if I can provide any diagnostic information,thanks again!

Offline russ@giffordweb.net

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 07:26:14 PM »
I just updated to build 6245 tonight (Windows 10 64 bit 19042.1466) and am seeing this issue as well. Will downgrade back to the previous version.