Author Topic: Failed to open catalog!  (Read 4427 times)

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
Re: Failed to open catalog!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 06:28:05 PM »
Thanks Kirk!

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 10:37:51 PM »
Hello
Just to say that I once had some images with Conflict in their name, they seemed to be duplicates, I threw them away and I found a normal catalog without any loss.
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 01:13:55 PM »
Hi Soizic,

Thanks for your reply. Your information is very helpful as I have been looking all day what could have caused the filename extension of CONFICT-1 and _1-CONFLICT-1.
So, that helps me a lot as it now means that this has been caused by PM6+ and no other program.
I am pretty sure these are copies of copies but what puzzles me is that the size of the file has nearly doubled. So, they are not identical.
I will spend some more time comparing these pictures to one another and will also check if the metadata is still the same.
Anyway, you have been a great help by telling me that I'm not the only one who experienced this.
Have a nice day!

Luke

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »
Luke,

Thanks for your reply. Your information is very helpful as I have been looking all day what could have caused the filename extension of CONFICT-1 and _1-CONFLICT-1.
So, that helps me a lot as it now means that this has been caused by PM6+ and no other program.

There is also the possibility that some other program in your workflow has created these files.  If I'm not mistaken, both you and Soizic are Capture One users, is that correct?

-Kirk

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 02:08:46 PM »
I can only speak for myself and not for Soizic. Yes, I have Capture One 2021 but the last time I used it was last year in November 2021. That's when I ingested my last batch of pictures from my camera.
I only use Capture One for improving my RAW-files after import and I only use the Auto Adjust function, nothing else. Yes, I know it's a waste of resources but I am not a professional photographer and I'm not willing to spend hours of time tying to touch-up my photographs. The Auto Adjust function does do a great job for over and/or under exposed pictures.
Once the pictures have been Auto Adjusted I then take them back in PM6+ where I add the tags.
I don't use any other function from Capture One at all and, as I said, it has been over two months since I last opened the program.
The problems with my Catalogs in PM6+ started last week.
So, I'm pretty sure I can eliminate that possibility.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway as I try to pinpoint what went wrong.
Cheers,

Luke

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 10:47:57 PM »
I use Capture one for all my photos taken exclusively in RAW
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 09:09:20 AM »
Luke, Soizic,

It would be useful to know if there are any other similarities in what software you use.  Do you both use some sort of backup/sync software on your photo archive?

-Kirk

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2022, 03:12:22 PM »
I use Sync.com to synchronize my "Sync"-folder to the cloud. However, my Pictures folder is outside that Sync-folder but on the same drive (D-Drive) and is therefore excluded from the sync-process.