Author Topic: Compact flash card not reading from MacBook Pro in Photo Mechanic 6  (Read 1018 times)

Offline gbenedict

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I've been running Photo Mechanic 6 from both a MacBook Pro and an iMac for a while now, and although the same card with the same files on it opens on the iMac, on my laptop it doesn't show any contents. I've ruled out my Lexar Card reader and cord/connections, as I can see the subfolders of my CF card and its contents both on my desktop as well as in Adobe Bridge.
Can you help me so I can use Photo Mechanic (which I successfully updated within the hour trying to debug this issue)? I'm using MacOS Catalina, BTW. Attached is a screenshot from Photo Mechanic showing no triangle representing subfolders for the CF card.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Compact flash card not reading from MacBook Pro in Photo Mechanic 6
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 02:46:57 PM »
Are you sure you are on the current build? Current builds of Photo Mechanic on MacOS display the icons in grayscale, not color, as shown in your screenshot.  I would recommend that you make sure the software is up to date, but the issue is likely due to a setting in MacOS System Preferences called Full Disk Access:

1. Quit out of Photo Mechanic 6.
2. Open up the macOS System Preferences and go to "Security and Privacy".
3. Under the Privacy tab, select 'Full Disk access' on the left hand side.
4. Click the padlock in the bottom left to unlock it.
5. Enter your administrator password to be able to make changes.
6. Find Photo Mechanic in the list on the right and check the box next to it (if Photo Mechanic is not in the list, select the + sign under the window and add it from the Applications folder).
7. Close the System Preferences window.

This should resolve the issue on this computer moving forward, but please let us know if it does not.

Offline gbenedict

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Compact flash card not reading from MacBook Pro in Photo Mechanic 6
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 03:03:45 PM »
Thank you! Getting into the system preferences as you described did the job. I had to add Photo Mechanic to the list as you instructed, and once done, problem solved!