Author Topic: Missing images  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Missing images
« on: January 28, 2022, 12:20:36 PM »
Windows 11, latest PMP version. I have several images in a 308K catalogue that I know have been deleted outside of PMP.  The "edit" menu has a "select missing images" item which sets off a dialogue box that runs for quite some time and then closes without showing that any "missing images" have been found.
What am i not doing correctly?
TIA

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing images
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 12:32:17 PM »
Windows 11, latest PMP version. I have several images in a 308K catalogue that I know have been deleted outside of PMP.  The "edit" menu has a "select missing images" item which sets off a dialogue box that runs for quite some time and then closes without showing that any "missing images" have been found.
What am i not doing correctly?

Unless the contact sheet is showing the full 308k images, the missing ones may not get selected.

Far better would be to use Catalog Sync with the "Full Sync" option and have it make collections for the missing images.  Then when it completes, you can open the 'missing' collection to see them.  You can then decide to remove them or correct the problem that is making them be missing (usually it's just easier to remove them and then just add the images to the catalog from their current location.)

-Kirk

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Re: Missing images
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 12:38:41 PM »
Once again, thanks Kirk.  So easy when you know how.  Haivng done fullsyncs in the past I had faield to realise that collections were made (yes, I should read the manual!)