Author Topic: Making better use of collections  (Read 1164 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Making better use of collections
« on: January 30, 2022, 07:23:52 AM »
I'm missing some of the features that I had in Media Pro. Perhaps some of these below could be considered for future upgrades? I understand that some of these may not currently be possible but I thought it useful to keep them all together as a group .

1) Clicking on a collection fills a contact sheet. It’d be helpful if I could command click or shift click further collections to add them to the sheet. Even better if I could alt-click a collection to remove only its images from a contact sheet.

2) I’d like to select multiple collections and then add/remove selected photos in a contact sheet to/from them in a single operation.

3) Would be good to be able to drag a subcollection out of its collection to become a main collection or a subcollection in a different collection.

4) Would be good to be able to persistently arrange collections other than alphabetically and to be able to select multiple collections to move in a single operation.

5) Would be helpful to be able to ctrl-click or cmd-click on a collection to select those photos in a contact sheet that are in that collection.

6) Would be very useful to be able to export selected metadata fields from a set of images as a csv or other text file.

7) When one or more images are selected in a contact sheet all the collections that contain it/them should change colour.

David Hoffman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Making better use of collections
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 09:10:10 AM »
David,

I'm missing some of the features that I had in Media Pro. Perhaps some of these below could be considered for future upgrades? I understand that some of these may not currently be possible but I thought it useful to keep them all together as a group .

6) Would be very useful to be able to export selected metadata fields from a set of images as a csv or other text file.

The Export feature should do this for you.  Choose the Text exporter and use the variables along with commas separating them and you should get what you want.

As for the other features, thanks for the feedback.

-Kirk