Author Topic: Faster way to switch between crop snapshots?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline elementalpress

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Faster way to switch between crop snapshots?
« on: February 01, 2022, 12:12:31 AM »
Hi,

when cropping images I'm usually switching between 3 different snapshots. Every time I need to select them with the mouse, which is a bit annoying. What I'm wondering if there is a possibility to assign a key (e.g. F-keys) to a snapshot for faster switching? Or is there any other way to make the usage faster?

Best regards,
Lars

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Faster way to switch between crop snapshots?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 10:32:35 AM »
I have thought about this, and I don't think there is any way to automate selecting different crop presets with keypress(es) at this time.

If you wanted to make it faster, you might be able to group your crops into different color classes, and then sort by color class and do all the crops with one aspect ratio, then switch to the new aspect ratio and do the next batch, etc.   Just a thought.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline elementalpress

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Faster way to switch between crop snapshots?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 12:24:39 AM »
I have thought about this, and I don't think there is any way to automate selecting different crop presets with keypress(es) at this time.

If you wanted to make it faster, you might be able to group your crops into different color classes, and then sort by color class and do all the crops with one aspect ratio, then switch to the new aspect ratio and do the next batch, etc.   Just a thought.

Mick

Mick, thank you for your response. Unfortunately, your suggested way wouldn't speed up the process. Sometimes the decision which crop preset has to be used is done during the crop process. So a "preselection by color class" wont help.

regards, Lars