Author Topic: Live Ingest-Skip Broken Images  (Read 1700 times)

Offline yichen_chen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Ingest-Skip Broken Images
« on: February 04, 2022, 08:31:12 PM »
Hello,
I've been using PM5, PM6 and PM+ running on our Win 10 server acting as a photo distributer. The work flow is as below:
1, Photographers upload their pictures via 5G, internet or LAN to our FTP server;
2, Live Ingest Task distributes pictures to different editors, depending on camera's serial number (if invalid, then depending on the contents put in "Creator/Photographer").
I found that if there is any broken images generated by unstale ftp connection, the whole Live Ingest Task will be stucked by the broken image/images, even if the following pictures are well trasmitted. And there isn's any pop-ups reminding the ingest task has been jammed.
So I have to run another application befor the ingest task checking the pictures' integrity first. But this became bulky and unreliable.
Is there any method to solve this kind of problem?
Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest-Skip Broken Images
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 09:24:49 PM »
I've been using PM5, PM6 and PM+ running on our Win 10 server acting as a photo distributer. The work flow is as below:
1, Photographers upload their pictures via 5G, internet or LAN to our FTP server;
2, Live Ingest Task distributes pictures to different editors, depending on camera's serial number (if invalid, then depending on the contents put in "Creator/Photographer").
I found that if there is any broken images generated by unstale ftp connection, the whole Live Ingest Task will be stucked by the broken image/images, even if the following pictures are well trasmitted. And there isn's any pop-ups reminding the ingest task has been jammed.
So I have to run another application before the ingest task checking the pictures' integrity first. But this became bulky and unreliable.
Is there any method to solve this kind of problem?

What format are the images being received?  JPEGs?  RAW files?

Have you tried the various settings regarding waiting?

-Kirk

Offline yichen_chen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 05:35:52 AM »
Photographers transmit JEPG files only.
Yes, I've tried force JEPG wait but it didn't work.
I contested that live ingest function seems to ingest photos by the order created in the FTP destination path. If one photo does not completely received, the following photos will not be processed even if they are well trasmitted.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 09:04:01 AM »
Photographers transmit JEPG files only.
Yes, I've tried force JEPG wait but it didn't work.
I contested that live ingest function seems to ingest photos by the order created in the FTP destination path. If one photo does not completely received, the following photos will not be processed even if they are well trasmitted.

Agreed.  It is looking for the file to complete.  Are you using any renaming?  If so, are you using the sequence variable ({seqn} or {sequence})?

-Kirk

Offline yichen_chen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 06:40:42 AM »
Yes. I rename pics with serial code replacements and sequence variable.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 09:03:48 AM »
Yes. I rename pics with serial code replacements and sequence variable.

The use of the sequence variable may be preventing Live Ingest from moving on.  If it were to skip an image then the sequence would be out of order.

-Kirk

Offline yichen_chen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 10:58:12 PM »
I used {nowsortlong} instead of sequence and problem solved. Thank you so so much!