Author Topic: 4.5.1 beta glitch  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Junebug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • pictures that tell a story
4.5.1 beta glitch
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
on a Windows XP large network

When trying to open a folder for the first time I was greeted with a "Paramiter is incorrect" screen and then the Navigator window in PM went blank.

Now even when opening 4.5.1 the "Parameter is incorrect" screen appears before choosing a folder.

PM 4.5 was Removed before 4.5.1 was installed.
Junebug Clark
Denton, TX
http://www.MooreClark.net

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.5.1 beta glitch
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »
Jb,

When trying to open a folder for the first time I was greeted with a "Paramiter is incorrect" screen and then the Navigator window in PM went blank.

Now even when opening 4.5.1 the "Parameter is incorrect" screen appears before choosing a folder.

Is there anything special about the path names on the server, like extreme path length/depth, or non-ascii characters in the pathnames themselves?

The reason you are getting the error now when you launch is the Navigator is restoring the state of the tree to what it was when you last used it.  There is a file named Navigator.state at the following location that can be removed:

<windows drive>:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic

Quit PM, delete the Navigator.state file and the next time when you start up, you will get the default expanded tree.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem, but knowing the names of each level of the path you were working through would be really helpful.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Junebug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:34:03 AM »
Deleted the file that was suggested. Still have the same error.

Am going to try to attach a snapshot of drives that are attached.

Jb.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 05:13:43 AM by Junebug »
Junebug Clark
Denton, TX

Offline Junebug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 07:43:27 AM »
Seems like I can expand every directory except the one that I need to. When I click on AEXXXX, my computer's asset tag, I get the "parameter incorrect" error.

Jb.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 05:13:06 AM by Junebug »
Junebug Clark
Denton, TX

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
Kirk,

Jb,

Is there anything special about the path names on the server, like extreme path length/depth, or non-ascii characters in the pathnames themselves?

The reason you are getting the error now when you launch is the Navigator is restoring the state of the tree to what it was when you last used it.  There is a file named Navigator.state at the following location that can be removed:

<windows drive>:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic

Quit PM, delete the Navigator.state file and the next time when you start up, you will get the default expanded tree.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem, but knowing the names of each level of the path you were working through would be really helpful.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Just loaded PM4.5.1 Beta (public) on my work laptop conected to a network server, and when starting PM I get the same 'Parameter is incorrect' message. Deleting the file you suggested doesn't help. No folder structure is shown in the Navigator panel, or only the destop, which I can not expand.

Deleted public beta and loaded a previous trail version (dated 04-28-07_1), this one works without problem.

I run the bublic beta at my home desktop (not connected to a network) without problems.

Regards,
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 04:05:57 PM »
With thanks to Junebug and Archer I have found the problem and fixed it.  Looking good.

I would not have been able to so easily fix it without your help, guys!

-Kirk