Author Topic: Can't remove from catalog  (Read 1210 times)

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't remove from catalog
« on: February 21, 2022, 06:02:12 AM »
Mac 10.14.6; PM+ 6.0, build 6245 (14de08a)

Hello,

Certain images cannot be removed from the catalog.

I had all of 2021 pictures without a green dot, but photo mechanic knew where they were as it could reveal their location in the Finder. I was browsing by capture date. I thought maybe there is another way I can browse these gray dot photos, so I went to the folder paths and started expanding those to where the photos were. At that point photo mechanic doubled the photos or in other words they were in there twice but now they had the greendot. I said expletive deleted and then selected the photos for January 2021 and selected remove from catalog. At this point the double images were removed and we were back to where we started with the gray dot images. The doubling was gone. I wanted to remove all these problem images from the catalog and then re-add them. I so I selected January photos and said remove from catalog, but nothing happened. I have probably a whole year's worth of images which I cannot remove from the catalog. It is strange because it knows where the images are to reveal them in the Finder, but not remove them from the catalog.

Any ideas? These images are currently on an AppleShare volume, they were originally on an SSD which was formatted in Apple's new disc format.

Are image locations kept track of by a UNIX pathway or the AppleShare ID?

Perhaps it is best to use the Finder to move the images to the AppleShare volume then catalog them there.

It would be nice to not have to start all over with cataloging, but I guess that could go on at night while I sleep.

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Can't remove from catalog
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 09:00:14 AM »
Wrong forum. But I renamed the parent folder pics2021 to notpics2021 then I could remove the pics from the catalog. Then I renamed the parent folder back to pics2021 and scanned it into the catalog.  So now things seem ok.....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 09:14:39 AM »
Wrong forum. But I renamed the parent folder pics2021 to notpics2021 then I could remove the pics from the catalog. Then I renamed the parent folder back to pics2021 and scanned it into the catalog.  So now things seem ok.....

Where did you do this renaming?  In the Finder or within Photo Mechanic Plus?

-Kirk

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 11:27:42 AM »
I renamed the parent folder of 2021 subfolders(  2021-01, 2021-02, etc.)  using the finder so the db could not find them.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 11:53:50 AM »
I renamed the parent folder of 2021 subfolders(  2021-01, 2021-02, etc.)  using the finder so the db could not find them.

Thanks.