Author Topic: Wrong collection shown with Add to/Remove from collection  (Read 3833 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Wrong collection shown with Add to/Remove from collection
« on: February 27, 2022, 07:55:02 AM »
When I select files and control-click to add/remove them from a collection the collection shown in the contextual menu is the one above the one selected in the collections tab. See screenshot.

If I select a different collection and then the correct one it's the correct one that is shown and the add/remove works as it should. If I then select other files and control-click the contextual menu again shows the collection above the one that is still selected and I have to select another, then reselect the one I want.

This has only been happening over the last few days. I've added and removed collections and files but nothing else has changed. Restarting the Mac hasn't changed this behaviour.

David Hoffman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Wrong collection shown with Add to/Remove from collection
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 08:02:49 AM »
David,

When I select files and control-click to add/remove them from a collection the collection shown in the contextual menu is the one above the one selected in the collections tab. See screenshot.

If I select a different collection and then the correct one it's the correct one that is shown and the add/remove works as it should. If I then select other files and control-click the contextual menu again shows the collection above the one that is still selected and I have to select another, then reselect the one I want.

This has only been happening over the last few days. I've added and removed collections and files but nothing else has changed. Restarting the Mac hasn't changed this behaviour.

Had you ever selected the one that is incorrectly shown?

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 08:04:42 AM »
Yes, I'm sure I have but the wrong one shown is not the most recently selected.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 08:06:18 AM »
David,

Yes, I'm sure I have but the wrong one shown is not the most recently selected.

Very strange.  I'll need to add some additional logging and get a build to you to find out what's going wrong.

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 09:58:55 AM »
Thanks Kirk

You'll recall I've been having collection problems of various kinds for quite a while. Your new builds have brought them down to 'liveable with' status but they've not gone away entirely. The collection counts are now mostly, but not always, correct. A few days ago the selection counts bottom left of the contact sheet were showing all files selected when only a subset was.  Screenshot.

I'm on a moderately upgraded Mac Pro running 10.14.6. I wonder if there's something about this setup that upsets whatever does the counting in PM+?

David

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 10:29:42 AM »
The contextual menu is now working normally again, showing the selected collection. I've added/removed/renamed some files; changed some metadata & made changes in collections. Nothing else.

If it wasn't for the screenshot I'd think I'd imagined it.

David

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 10:50:25 AM »
Too good to last...

Both the wrong selection count & the wrong collection in the contextual menu returned & now seem to come & go unpredictably. Two more screenshots.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 04:40:34 PM »
David,

Too good to last...

Both the wrong selection count & the wrong collection in the contextual menu returned & now seem to come & go unpredictably. Two more screenshots.

Ok, thanks for the additional screenshots.  In the future, would you mind posting JPEGs instead of PDFs?  JPEGs show right on the page.  PDFs, I have to download and then view separately.

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2022, 12:37:07 AM »
OK. I've reset the screenshot file format.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2022, 02:28:09 PM »
David,

Could you please try this build: https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanicPlusR6327_b21b0d39.dmg

Make sure CATALOG_DEBUG_LOGGING is on, and reproduce the problem.  Generate and post the zipped log file here, please.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 05:21:39 PM »
David,

I just did a full sync (I was getting anomalous search results but that can wait) and the 'new' collection formed shows as 105 files but clicking it shows just 6. Screenshot.

If you'd like me to investigate, please get me your latest catalog.pmdb and cat_state.sq3 files and I'll see what I can find.  Please put them both in a zip archive, named DavidHoffmanUK-date (use the date you made the zip archive) and upload them to our server.

As for the search anomaly, please start another thread.  I'd really like to only take one issue on per thread if possible.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2022, 12:00:58 AM »
Hi Kirk

The collection count error is an old problem but I mentioned it again as the last build that you sent me seemed to have fixed it until now.

I've downloaded the fresh build you sent and will start running it today with logging.

Did you want my current latest catalog.pmdb and cat_state.sq3 files (before installing this fresh build) or after I've had the new build & logging running and seen the problem again? Or both? Where is the cat_state.sq3 file? I can only see a ~/proxies/cache-index.sq3 in a search for files ending sq3.

David

I'm holding off with the search anomaly until I've documented it clearly. It may be transient or an error on my part. I'll make it a new topic if it persists.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2022, 07:46:50 AM »
David,

Did you want my current latest catalog.pmdb and cat_state.sq3 files (before installing this fresh build) or after I've had the new build & logging running and seen the problem again? Or both? Where is the cat_state.sq3 file? I can only see a ~/proxies/cache-index.sq3 in a search for files ending sq3.

Hold off on sending me the files.  I'm going to make another build today that will attempt to provide information as to why the counts in the collections created by Catalog Sync are off.  I may not need the files at all if the logging is good enough.

I'm holding off with the search anomaly until I've documented it clearly. It may be transient or an error on my part. I'll make it a new topic if it persists.

OK.

With the build I provided, just reproduce the problem where the collection name is wrong when you right-click on a photo in the Contact Sheet and post the zipped log.  (Remember to have CATALOG_DEBUG_LOGGING on.)

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2022, 10:55:15 AM »
Hi Kirk

Is the new build I should be using build 6327 (b21b0d3)? I wasn't clear from your earlier post if there was a later one still to come.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2022, 11:06:41 AM »
David,

Is the new build I should be using build 6327 (b21b0d3)? I wasn't clear from your earlier post if there was a later one still to come.

If you haven't already downloaded and tried 6327 for this issue (wrong collection shown), please get this one instead:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanicPlusR6331_44568991.dmg

It has logging for the wrong collection shown issue and the Catalog Sync collections count issue.  Please reproduce each issue separately and post the zipped logs to the appropriate threads.

Thanks,

-Kirk