Author Topic: Mirror photos - auto lock scroll + direct zoom on Cmd+click  (Read 880 times)

Offline Solivac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Mirror photos - auto lock scroll + direct zoom on Cmd+click
« on: March 23, 2022, 04:48:57 AM »
In a mirror mode when two photos are shown I can do Cmd+click to specific position where to zoom. As for now PM is remember the position of both views independently and when you want to compare the same position in bot photos you need to manually align photos together. Moreover everytime you zoom and unzoom back, the Lock Scroll option is disabled, so next time you zoom you need to enable Lock Scroll again.

For instance I compare two or more photos with a group of people. I want to zoom to specific face to see which of two photos is better focused. Independent scrolling is in this case not much helpful. Moreover even you type a shortcut "L", the scrolling is synchronized, but it's not easy to align both photos to the same position.

Another problem in mirror mode is when you want to do Cmd+click to zoom on the photo which is not currently "active" (selected). The first Cmd+click only select the photo a you need to do Cmd+click again.

I'd like to propose these feature requests for mirrored view:

1) Make option Lock Scroll "sticky" or add option to behave like that.
2) Add keyboard shortcut to align the other photo with selected photo.
3) ... OR add option to set zoom pane position always synchronized for both photos.
4) If you do Cmd+click on non active photo, select that photo and zoom the clicked position.

Thanks.

Jiri