Author Topic: Can't drag images from PM Plus to anywhere else  (Read 1290 times)

Offline db7178

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't drag images from PM Plus to anywhere else
« on: March 09, 2022, 07:47:44 PM »
I always select the photos I want to edit in Photo Mechanic and drag them to either CaptureOne or LightRoom. Ever since a recent Windows 11 upgrade I've been having problems dragging anything from Photo Mechanic to either of those programs. Sometimes I've been able to bypass the problem by copying the selection in PM to a desktop folder, and then dragging from there to the editing destination. That led me to think the issue may've been somehow confined to my external data drives, which are housed in Sabrent 5-bay SATA enclosures, or possibly the USB hub they're connected to. Tonight I bypassed the hub with a direct-to-PC connection and the problem still exists.

The problem also seems to have mutated. Where I could drag to a new desktop folder from PM before (by right-click-dragging and choosing "copy,") I now can not drag anything anywhere (left click or right click)! At first I thought this might've been a CaptureOne issue. In that program, all I get when dragging and dropping from PM is "Loading..." (Forever.) I tried LightRoom and what I get there is "No Files Found." (And no, the files are brand new, so it's not like they're being ignored because they're already in a catalog.) So then I created a folder on the desktop, TEST SOURCE, and dragged 5 or 6 images from Photo Mechanic to it. Nothing happened. After several attempts to drag to the new folder, it remained empty.

I was able to use the "Copy/Move selected photos" option (CTRL-Y) in Photo Mechanic to copy to TEST SOURCE, and files from there were happily accepted in CaptureOne. So this seems like something haywire on the PM side.

Any thoughts? It'll be quite the pain to copy everything to another folder just to edit it, only to have CaptureOne complain that it can no longer find the source files once I delete the redundant copies!  >:(

I've updated to the latest (heaven help us) version of Windows 11 and I'm using PM Plus 6.0, build 6245.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't drag images from PM Plus to anywhere else
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 08:27:04 PM »
Try downgrading to build 6097.  http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14508.0

We'll have a new build early next week that fixes the drag and drop problems that 6245 introduced on the Windows version.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kirk

Offline db7178

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Can't drag images from PM Plus to anywhere else
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 04:56:05 AM »
Wow, a rare Photo Mechanic problem! I feel like I've just spotted Bigfoot. The downgrade worked. Thank you much.