Author Topic: Print size variable  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Paco Feria

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Paco Feria / photojournalist
Print size variable
« on: May 06, 2007, 01:10:24 AM »
hello, maybe this is a minor issue, but I´d like to konow if it can be changed

Well,  the info about the print size variable {printsize} up of the page says:

"print size in inches or cms",

I just can get  print size of the photos  in inches, is there a way to change this variable  into cms?

Thanks in advanced
Paco Feria / photojournalist
www.pacoferia.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Print size variable
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:06:43 PM »
Paco,

hello, maybe this is a minor issue, but I´d like to konow if it can be changed

Well,  the info about the print size variable {printsize} up of the page says:

"print size in inches or cms",

I just can get  print size of the photos  in inches, is there a way to change this variable  into cms?

Where are you using the {printsize} variable?  If you're using it within the print dialogs, make sure you have the "Margin units:" radio buttons set to "cm" which actually changes all of measurement units to cm throughout the dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Paco Feria

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:06:10 PM »
Dirk, I´m not using this variable into the print dialogue, it´s just when this info is displayed  into the  stationery pad fields, I´am using this variable into the edit status field, and there, it displays the file size  of each picture in inches, and I´d like get it display in cms, if possible, thank you.
www.pacoferia.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:53:07 PM »
I'm not using this variable into the print dialogue, it's just when this info is displayed into the stationery pad fields, I'm using this variable into the edit status field, and there, it displays the file size of each picture in inches, and I'd like get it display in cms, if possible, thank you.

Make sure you set the Resolution units to pixels per cm in the Files tab of the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk

Offline Paco Feria

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 05:29:23 AM »
Sorry Dirk, it doesn´t work it still appears in inches , well, what I´m going to do is apply to all photo together the print size in Cms manually, using the stationery Pad tool, it´s no hard to do, due to the exact size the most  of them, but it  would be really useful for me in the future get this variable working in Cms too, ( I don´t want eliminate  the inches option ), I focus my work into Spanish (Cms ) and American markets (Inches ), so both would be useful for me, I guess it is about to duplicate this variable { printsize} setting it up to display the size in Cms, but if I´m missing something else about this issue, please let me konw

thank you very much
www.pacoferia.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 06:28:10 AM »
Paco,

Sorry Dirk, it doesn´t work it still appears in inches , well, what I´m going to do is apply to all photo together the print size in Cms manually, using the stationery Pad tool, it´s no hard to do, due to the exact size the most  of them, but it  would be really useful for me in the future get this variable working in Cms too, ( I don´t want eliminate  the inches option ), I focus my work into Spanish (Cms ) and American markets (Inches ), so both would be useful for me, I guess it is about to duplicate this variable { printsize} setting it up to display the size in Cms, but if I´m missing something else about this issue, please let me konw

I'll see what I can do.

Btw, my name is Kirk, not Dirk.  ;D

-Kirk

Offline Paco Feria

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 03:00:46 AM »
Oh, Sorry Kirk, I wanted change just print size variable feature in  PM not your name,

thanks
www.pacoferia.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 06:27:41 AM »
Oh, Sorry Kirk, I wanted change just print size variable feature in  PM not your name,

We're going to add {printsizecm} and {printsizein} variables in the final 4.5.1 version.

-Kirk

Offline Paco Feria

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 08:24:22 AM »
Many thanks, good service
www.pacoferia.com