Author Topic: Send photos via EMail failed  (Read 11357 times)

Offline scarleton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Send photos via EMail failed
« on: May 12, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »
I am getting a MAPI error while trying to send some images via PM 4.4.3.  The exact error is:

Failed to send mail message, Error:2

I looked up this error and it looks like PM is not authentication correctly.  MAPI is setup with Outlook and my Outlook is hooked into my gmail account which requires username/password to send mail.  I am guessing here, but does PM need some more config info to use MAPI when the MAPI config needs a username/password to send?

Sam

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Send photos via EMail failed
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:42:42 PM »
I am getting a MAPI error while trying to send some images via PM 4.4.3.  The exact error is:

Failed to send mail message, Error:2

I looked up this error and it looks like PM is not authentication correctly.  MAPI is setup with Outlook and my Outlook is hooked into my gmail account which requires username/password to send mail.  I am guessing here, but does PM need some more config info to use MAPI when the MAPI config needs a username/password to send?

Photo Mechanic just uses the "default MAPI setup" which on your system does not work.  I do not have Outlook.  I do have Outlook Express and a gmail account.  Is it possible to set up Outlook Express to hook into my gmail account so I can try and see if there is a possible solution?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline scarleton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 06:45:44 PM »
Kirk,

Are you asking me to install Outlook Express?  Sorry, but I cannot stand either Outlook or Outlook Express. I don't need the email feature very often and it is easier for me to simply find another way to email things then install yet another product I cannot stand.  Sorry.

Sam

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 07:40:56 PM »
Are you asking me to install Outlook Express?  Sorry, but I cannot stand either Outlook or Outlook Express. I don't need the email feature very often and it is easier for me to simply find another way to email things then install yet another product I cannot stand.  Sorry.

No, I did not ask that at all.  What I asked was for *your* help in getting my Outlook Express to hook up with gmail like yours does.  I did not ask you to change email clients.

I don't use a Windows PC at all for reading my email.  For that, I have a Mac.

So if you want to help me configure my PC to act like yours does so that I can help you then please let me know.

-Kirk

Offline gajones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 09:39:43 PM »