Author Topic: How to make contact sheet resemble second photo on the back of DVD case  (Read 8000 times)

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have been using Photo Mechanic for several years. This last weekend I had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall all my applications. After installing my recently purchased copy of 4.5 I can't seem to configure a contact sheet with the small photos below plus the camera info histogram and zoom box all on the right side. I have gone through all the preferences and menues, help three times and I'm still missing something. I want to be able to see the arangement like the second photo on the back of the DVD case. What am I missing?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I have been using Photo Mechanic for several years. This last weekend I had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall all my applications. After installing my recently purchased copy of 4.5 I can't seem to configure a contact sheet with the small photos below plus the camera info histogram and zoom box all on the right side. I have gone through all the preferences and menues, help three times and I'm still missing something. I want to be able to see the arangement like the second photo on the back of the DVD case. What am I missing?

It is a bug in the 4.5.0 version that is keeping the panels hidden.  All you have to do is grab the vertical bar with the dimple in it (it's against the right edge of the window) and drag it to the left.  Likewise for the thumbnail gallery, drag it upwards.

That bug is fixed in the 4.5.1 beta available in the Announcements section.

-Kirk

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Kirk, Thank you for your answer except it doesnt work for me. I had tried dragging the dimples before posting. There are only two dimples. The verticle one is on the left. If I click on the magnifer glass in the right corner of a photo it goes to full image. The dimple on the bottom is not active. With the full screen when I try split screen I can't select any other photos.

I'm not happy that I paid for something that doesn't work. The thought of using a beta version doesn't fly with me either. I just recovered from using the beta version of CS3. That is why I had to wipe my hard drive.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Steve,

Kirk, Thank you for your answer except it doesnt work for me. I had tried dragging the dimples before posting. There are only two dimples. The verticle one is on the left. If I click on the magnifer glass in the right corner of a photo it goes to full image. The dimple on the bottom is not active. With the full screen when I try split screen I can't select any other photos.

I'm not happy that I paid for something that doesn't work. The thought of using a beta version doesn't fly with me either. I just recovered from using the beta version of CS3. That is why I had to wipe my hard drive.

I misunderstood what you were requesting.  Here is an image that will explain how to do what you're looking for:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I can enter the side by side mode or top & bottom. Problem is I can't select any other photos because the rest of the images don't show up.

I've added two screen shots for example.

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
The dimple at the bottom of the frame is not active. I tried posting a second screen shot but for some reason your system won't take it. Files are only about 160k.

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Another screen shot.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Steve,

The dimple at the bottom of the frame is not active.

So if you move your mouse cursor over the dimple, it doesn't change shape to an up/down arrow cursor?  Clicking on the dimple and dragging vertically does not reveal the thumbnails?

-Kirk

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Curser changes shape but won't move frame.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Curser changes shape but won't move frame.

Try double-clicking on the dimple.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Nothing happens when double clicking on dimple.

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Steve,

Nothing happens when double clicking on dimple.

Check your "My Messages" tab...

-Kirk

Offline Steve Grodin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Kirk,

Thank you for calling me and solving my problem.

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Steve,

Thank you for calling me and solving my problem.

No problem.  It was a pleasure speaking with you.

-Kirk